Tuesday, 14 November 2006

Still No News

Oh how the chain of command likes to keep a person guessing. It's getting close to 2 weeks now since I was told that my name was being passed up to the CO for a decision on a deployment to Afghanistan in February and still no word on what his decision was.

Should I consider no news as good news or should I take a chance and start bugging the chain of command for an answer with the possibility that they could end up thinking "Boy, he must really want to go so we'll send him." The way I look at it right now is that the longer there isn't an answer, the less likely that they are going to send me because there is a bunch of pre-deployment training I'd have to do and there is less and less time for me to do it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be going. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Post a Comment